Who Else Wants to Sell Their Home for MORE?
- Know your local Real Estate Market – What’s moving the market? If you don’t know, make sure your Realtor knows. If your Realtor doesn’t know, find another Realtor who DOES KNOW! Real Estate is and will always be local and to be able to sell your home, it’s critical to know what the local trends are for your neighborhood/area.
- A clean, tidy and uncluttered home sells - A big chunk of money can be lost for not putting in a little elbow grease. The time you spend cleaning and decluttering your home could make your profit skyrocket!
- Homes priced right sell – Price your home to sell FROM DAY ONE!
You will attract the MOST qualified and MOST interested Buyers during the first week! A fresh new listing draws the attention of Buyers waiting for a new home to hit the market and those Buyers who just started looking will see your home priced right, and will BREAK DOWN YOUR FRONT DOOR to take a closer look! You do not want to be on the market for weeks or months because there will be a stigma with buyers wondering what is wrong and it will become stale. If Buyers think something is wrong, the offer made will not be what you want and will be discounted right off the bat. They will think at that point you are desperate in this market. Avoid the discounts, price it right, and increase your chances of having multiple interested Buyers!
- Repairs left undone will cost you more money than the repair itself – Repairs that you’ve been meaning to do will be a lot less expensive to complete if you do them BEFORE you sell your home. Once the needed repair is evident to a Buyer, they’re going to pad the actual cost to repair as they’re adding a layer of emotion to the cost. What does this mean? When they see a simple repair that could have been fixed, they wonder what else is in need of repair and they’ll wonder if you really did maintain the home properly. They’ll wonder what may be lurking beneath the surface, hidden and not visual to the naked eye. They get frightened in the unknown and will want more of a reduction, just in case something else pops up.
- Overpricing your home helps to sell your NEIGHBOR’s home – TRUE ALL DAY LONG! Imagine, Buyers are qualified to buy in a certain price range so they’re looking at homes that they can afford. Your competition is your neighbors. If your home is priced too high, they’ll never see it as it will not come up in the home search. Your home will be coming up in a higher price range and likely homes that are larger with nicer features and more appealing. This price range of home Buyers will look at your home but will skip over your home because they can buy a larger home with the same features for the same amount of money. Why would anyone pay more for less space?
- Buyers LOVE to negotiate the home sales price after the home inspection –Can you say Nickel and Dime time for all the needed repairs? In an inspection there will always be a hundred of little things and hopefully, you aren’t blindsided with an unknown major needed repair. If you have any needed major repairs, this should be known ahead of time and disclosed prior to the presentation of any offers. This way you know the offer reflects the defect. As discussed above, fix your repairs so as not to give a Buyer a reason to want a discount. You will need a skilled negotiator so make sure the Realtor you hired, is an effective one as they’ll be worth their weight in gold here.
Stay tuned for Part 2!